Classic February 2008
This lot is closed for bidding. Bidding ended on:
Dubbed "The Old Red Barn," Detroit's Olympia Stadium or, "The Olympia" was a 15,000 seat palace that hosted (among other things) the NHL's Detroit Red Wings from 1927 through 1986 (though the Red Wings moved to Joe Louis Arena in 1980). Here offered is a seat that hails from that since-demolished "Original Six" hockey venue. Measuring 21"-wide and 34"-tall, this structure features a metallic frame shaped to form four legs and vertical supports. The armrests and padded back rest are outlined in wood and the folding padded seat is covered in red-hued leather-like material. A white "F" decal is adhered to the right side support, while a like-colored "1" identifier resides on the middle of the back rest. All original and fully functional. Please note: Due to the size and/or weight of this lot, the cost of shipping may be substantial.
Click above for larger image.